Women’s Business Casual Staples
As we approach 2020, we can’t help but reflect on how much style has changed throughout this second decade. From hipster fashion to athleisure looks, the past ten years were a whirlwind of fun and different trends that (hopefully) most of us had the opportunity to play around with. The 2010’s also saw a pretty substantial shift in fashion in the workplace, from a very formal wardrobe to business casual taking over as the norm.
Business casual in a nutshell
Although the dress code contains the word casual, it doesn’t rid the responsibility of worrying about what to wear. Business casual is the compromise between a nice suit and a nice pair of jeans. Don’t worry if you still have trouble finding the perfect outfit to wear because sometimes the line between being overly formal and overly casual seem blurry, but showing some business casual womenswear staples from Hugo Boss might just help clear up any confusion you may have.
The 7 must-haves
- A fitted blazer is a business casual classic! You can style it over any button-down or a nice blouse to dress it up. You can even pair a cozy turtle neck underneath for a more comfortable look.
- Let’s get back to that blouse. A nice blouse is great to wear with trousers, layered under a blazer, or tucked into a skirt for the perfect work outfit.
- Comfortable skirts are great for work, the pleats and colour of this one adds some flair while still being completely wearable every day. You can combine it with the blouse we mentioned or even a sweater for an outfit that’s work-appropriate yet relaxed.
- A beautiful patterned dress is a great staple to have. Dresses are easy to throw on in the morning and can even double as a skirt, just by throwing a jumper over. Cost-effective and stylish!
- Last but not least, we cannot forget about the shoes. Black leather ankle boots are great because they work in almost every season and although they have a heel, they are still very practical to work in.
- Scarves are a fabulous way to add a pop of colour and pattern to spruce things up while adding another layer of warmth!
- A timeless large bag is essential for bringing your electronics and personal items to work in style!
All these pieces from Hugo Boss are great to have because you can dress them up or down depending on what you pair them with. With all these different combinations of looks, you can create, you will never be at a loss of what to wear to work again! If you need further help with nailing the work-wear staples, book a session with one of our stylists.